Speed dating humboldt county
Speed dating humboldt county - dapper carters 8 rules of dating
Its boundary lines are as follows: Beginning in Range 3 west, at the point where White River crosses the line dividing Townships 9 and 10 north; thence west on the township line to the line dividing Ranges 5 and 6 west; thence north on the range line to the line dividing Townships 10 and 11 north; thence west on the township line to the line dividing Ranges 7 and 8 west; thence south on the range line to Little Red River; thence up said river, in a westerly direction, following its meanders, to the middle of Range 8 west; thence south on section lines to the line dividing Townships 8 and 9 north; thence west on the township line to the line dividing Ranges 10 and 11 west; thence south on the range line to Cypress Creek in Township 5 north; thence down Cypress Creek following its meanders to the line dividing Ranges 5 and 6 west; thence north on the range line to the line dividing Townships 5 and 6 north; thence east on the township line to White River; thence up White River following its meanders to the last crossing of the line dividing Townships 7 and 8 north; thence west on the township line to the southwest corner of Section 35, Township 8 north, Range 4 west; thence north on section lines until White River is again intersected; thence up the river following its meanders to the place of beginning; containing an area of 1,015 square miles, or 650,000 acres. Although his principal occupation has been farming he has been engaged in other occupations at different times, and in 1873 erected a livery stable in Beebe, the first establishment of the kind ever erected there. M., and has held all the offices of his lodge with the exception of Senior Warden. Canada was the only man in Union Township who voted for him. (born October 27, 1852, and died December 7, 1856), Almeda (born November 10, 1855, and died June 3, 1857), William R. (was born September 17, 1860, and is a farmer of Union Township), Martha A. (West) Montgomery, the former of North Carolina and the latter of Monroe County, Ark. Her parents came to White County in 1855, and there their deaths occurred a number of years ago, the mother in about 1874, and the father in 1885. He now is the owner of 280 acres, with ninety under cultivation, which he has made by hard work and economy. Carter belong to the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, of which he is trustee, and officiated as class leader for several years., one of the members of the popular and well-known Enterprise Basket and Box Company, manufacturers of fruit and vegetable boxes, etc., was born in Elkhart County, Ind., in 1844, and was the youngest of three children born to B. and Joanna (Calkins) Cathcart, the former having been born in that State in 1818, his youthful days being also there. Cathcart is still living, but his parents, James and Paulina, have long been dead. After being paroled he went back to Indiana, and was married there, in 1872, to Miss Anna Snyder, a daughter of William and Lavina (Knight) Snyder, natives of Pennsylvania. Cathcart was in the railroad business for about thirteen years, as clerk and station agent on the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railroad. R., a Republican in his political views and is one of the aldermen of Judsonia. spent his youthful days on a farm raising fruit and in attending the public schools of Indiana.
The face of the county is somewhat rolling, ,595,215, on which the total amount of taxes charged for all purposes was ,633. From 1872 to 1874, Allen Mitchel was circuit clerk, and from 1880 to 1882, T. He has been a Republican since that party has been in existence, but he has never been an office seeker. This gentleman was elected to his present office in September, 1888, and has filled that position in a capable and efficient manner ever since. In 1885 he embarked in the same business at Searcy, and continued at that for some time. His father, William Carodine, was born in Tennessee, but immigrated to Mississippi, where he married Miss Emily Hall, also of Tennessee. He is also a member of the council, and has been for some time., a leading citizen and of an old and highly respected family, was a native of Mississippi, and was a son of Alfred and Drucilla (Willkins) Carter, of Tennessee nativity. The senior Carter was the father of seven children by his first wife, three of whom are still living: S. Mary (Newell) freland, daughter of John and Mary (Crockett) Newell, a native of Kentucky. F., who resides in Arkansas, and is in business with our subject, J. His wife, who is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church, is a daughter of John and Hannah Boyer, the former a Pennsylvanian. Cathcart is an excellent musician and is the leader of the band in Judsonia., farmer, Searcy, Ark.In taxable wealth it then ranked as fourth in the State. He owes his origin to Carroll County, Tenn., where his birth occurred in 1849, and is the second in a family of five children born to John D. The father was a physician and surgeon and died in Tennessee in 1857. He is not very active in polities, but votes independently and for the best man in the county, and in national affairs votes with the Democratic party. Soon after their marriage they came to Arkansas (in 1860) and settled first in White County, but subsequently moved six miles west of Beebe, and in 1873 moved two miles south of this town, where the remainder of their life was spent. was reared on a farm and passed his boyhood days in the pioneer schools, obtaining a good education there and in the common schools of Mississippi and Arkansas. Alfred Carter first saw the light of day in 1812, and lived in Tennessee (where he was married) until 1830, when he moved to Panola County, Miss., and in 1859 came to Arkansas, locating in White County, where his wife died in 1871, at the age of fifty-nine. This prominent agriculturist owes his nativity to Gibson County, Tenn., where his birth occurred in 1835, and is the ninth of seventeen children born to the union of William and Mary J. The father was a tiller of the soil, and moved to Rutherford County, Tenn., entered land, and there remained until 1831. Chrisp was early taught the duties of farm life, and received his education in the subscription schools of Tennessee.In 1888, the real-estate assessment was ,440,883, and personal property ,252,715, aggregating ,693,598. He took quite an active part in politics in the early history of the country. He is also deeply interested in educational affairs and is a member of the school board. In 1862 he started out in this world for himself, their first venture from home being to enlist in the Confederate army, under Col. He then settled in Gibson County, Tenn., and made that county his home until his death, which occurred in 1863. Lane, of Gibson County, Tenn.), Horace (married, and resides in Higginson Township) and L. (who is married, and resides on a farm in the last-named township). In 1857 he came to White County, Ark., then being a single man, and taught the Gum Spring schools during 1858-59.The total amount of taxes charged thereon for all purposes was ,407.88. Louis, Iron Mountain & Southern Railroad connects Memphis with the main line at Bald Knob in the county's northeast part, its length being about ten miles, thus making the combined length of railroads within the county sixty-one miles or more. The mother came to White County, Ark., in 1868, settled on a farm near Searcy, and here her death occurred in 1885. Glenn Mc Coy's brigade, in which he served four years. M., of which he has been secretary and warden for many years. He was in the War of 1812, and took quite an active part in politics. Of their family the following children are now living: R. One son, John W., enlisted in the army from Gibson County, Tenn., was Gen. He was married in White County in the last-named year, to Miss Sarah F.These figures bear evidence that from 1880 to 1888 the taxable wealth of the county increased a little over 42 per centa most encouraging showing. Louis, Iron Mountain & Southern Railroad enters White County about five miles west of its northeast corner, and runs thence through the limits in a southwesterly direction, its length here being about thirty-nine miles. Soon after the Searcy & West Point Railroad was constructed, running from West Point to Searcy, and crossing the St. The cars on this road are drawn between Searcy and Kensett by an engine, and between Kensett and West Point by horses. These roads, together with White River as a navigable outlet, afford excellent transportation facilities. He was in the battles of Prairie Grove, Pilot Knob, Jefferson City, Boonville, Lexington, Independence, and at Wilson's Creek, in Missouri. Pillow's commissary, and died of pneumonia in 1863, at Memphis, Tenn. Neavill, a native of Jackson County, Ala., and the daughter of Elihu and Margaret (Jones) Neavill, natives of Alabama.The population of White County, according to the United States census reports, has been as follows at the various decades mentioned: 1840, 920; 1850, 2,619; 1860, 8,316; 1870, 10,347; 1880, 17,794. He was with Price on his raid through Missouri, and also at the battle of Helens, where he was slightly wounded, but during his entire service in the war he was never once captured. Another son, William B., was a member of the One Hundred and Eleventh Tennessee Infantry, and after the war was a cotton factor of Memphis. Her father was in the Florida War, came to White County in 1844, and was for many years engaged in farming and in the tannery business, becoming quite wealthy. Chrisp settled in Gray Township on a timber tract of land, which he rented for a few years, and then, in 1867, purchased 240 acres, partly improved. The result of this union was the birth of the following children: William H. She died in 1885, having had three children, only one of whom survives, Lavina E., who is still living with her father. Cleveland was again married, in 1886, to Miss Nannie F.
Immigration to the county since 1880 has been so large that at the present its population must considerably exceed 20,000. At the time of the final surrender he was home on a furlough. Carodine rented a farm and began working it with nothing but his own exertion to depend on, yet it is not strange that he succeeded, for with his great determination of purpose, the lack of filthy lucre would not prevent him at least from making an attempt to cope with the many hardships incident to his start in life. Carter was early initiated into the duties of farm life, and received his education in the schools of Virginia. Carter are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and socially Mr. His death occurred in 1851 and the mother's in 1887. This he sold, and bought forty acres in the timber which he immediately commenced clearing, erecting buildings, and added to this land from time to time until he now has 280 acres, with 100 acres under cultivation, besides a home farm of twenty acres just outside the corporation. (married, and resides on the subject's farm), Vinnie R. Goad, who is the mother of one daughter: Susan Estella. Cleveland is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Himself and wife are connected with the Missionary Baptist Church, in which they take an active part.The colored population was, in 1860, 1,435; in 1870, 1,200; in 1880, 2,032, at about which figure it still remains. In October, 1867, he was married to Miss Elizabeth Massey, a native of Tennessee, but whose parents came to Arkansas in 1858. Carter (who is married and resides on a farm near Sulphur Rock, Ark.). He moved to Pike County, Mo., in 1837, engaged in farm labor, and in 1838 moved to Independence County, Ark., where he engaged in agricultural pursuits. (who is married and resides in Searcy) and two deceased. (at home, attending Galway College), James Everett, Henry Beecher and Benjamin Clark. Chrisp was elected second lieutenant of Company K, but held first position in the Seventh Arkansas Infantry, commanded by Robert Shaver. Cleveland began his career as a school-teacher in his nineteenth year, following that profession till 1883, when he began the study of medicine. The Doctor is a member of the Masonic fraternity and a strong Republican. Hardy (of Mississippi) and Miss Ella Crow (of West Point). He owns 1,400 acres of fine farming land, and is a prominent Democrat in his county, is an attorney, at Searcy, Ark. This gentleman is one of the pioneer settlers of Searcy, Ark., and was born in Wayne County, Tenn., in December, 1823, being one of eleven children, the result of the union of Jesse and Jemimah (Warthen) Cypert, the father a native of North Carolina, born 1781, and the mother of Pennsylvania, born 1783.The Royal Colony, consisting of several families from Tennessee, was founded by James Walker and Martin Jones at the head of Bull Creek, in the northwest part of what is now White County. To their union three children have been born, two of them now living: Mary Jane, William (deceased) and Jones D. Carodine purchased his father's homestead and conducted that place for several years, but in 1878 he traded his farm for town property in Indiana, which he still owns. He purchased land in that county, but sold it and in 1851 came to Searcy, then a very small rough place, but soon after a class of settlers moved in and the town was soon built up. Carter was an enrolling officer for some months during 1863, was taken prisoner and held during the winter of 18 at Johnstown Island. He was in the battle of Shiloh, after which the company was reorganized, and he came to Searcy to recruit for the Trans-Mississippi Department. He graduated from the Missouri Medical College in 1888, first having taken lectures at the Kentucky School of Medicine, Louisville. Cleveland was married, November 7, 1875, to Miss Nancy E. He is now a resident of Bald Knob, where he has built up a large and successful practice, and is an enterprising and highly respected citizen. Among the leading firms of attorneys in this city is the well-known one of Messrs. The grandparents on the mother's side were of Welsh descent, and at an early day moved to North Carolina.Lower down on Bull Creek were the settlements of Fielding and Frederick Price. It consists of a lot and good residence in Bainbridge, Putman County, Ind. In his political views he sides with the Democratic party. He was paroled in March of the last-mentioned year and taken to Point Lookout, thence to Richmond, and finally went on foot from Mississippi across the swamps to Southern Ark., where he joined the army. In 1867 he engaged in business continuously for thirty-four years, and is one of the oldest and most reliable merchants in Searcy. He then entered the ranks as private in the cavalry, and was temporarily promoted to the rank of lieutenant-colonel in front of Helena. He has been Worshipful Master of Searcy Lodge, and has held office in Chapter. is a well-known citizen of White County and was born in Macon, Fayette County, Tenn., June 19, 1838. Coffey, was a Presbyterian clergyman, and first saw the light of this world in Tennessee in November, 1805. Jesse Cypert, Sr., was married in 1802, then moved to Knox County, Tenn., where he farmed and resided until 1819, after which he moved to Wayne County, of the same State, and there his death occurred in 1858. Cypert's time in early life was divided between working on the farm, clearing and developing the home place, and in attending the subscription schools of Wayne County, Tenn., in a log-cabin with dirt floor, etc. Mack, of Wayne County, and was admitted to the bar at Waynesboro, Tenn., in 1849.Lewis Vongrolman founded a German settlement on Big Creek and Little Red River with John Magness, Philip Hilger, James King, the Wishes, Yinglings and others. In 1878 he bought what is known as the Massey place (160 acres) and took up his residence at that place, remaining there until the fall of 1888. He has been a member of the school board for a number of years, and with his family worships at the Beebe Methodist Episcopal Church., Searcy, Ark. He is not active in politics but votes with the Democratic party, and held the office of justice of the peace for about four years. Mc Canley, a native of Tennessee, and the daughter of James and Mary (Fletcher) Mc Canley, natives of North Carolina. He was in the Missouri raid, participated in the battles of Pilot Knob, Ironton, Jefferson City, Newtonia and Mine Creek. He is practically a self-made man and all his property is the result of his own industry. He was given all the advantages for an education to be had at that time, and applied himself so assiduously to his studies, that he became an accomplished and finely educated gentleman. He was a private in the War of 1812, Tennessee Volunteer, Carroll's brigade, and was in the battle of New Orleans under Gen. He was sheriff and collector one term, and justice of the peace and member of the county court for a number of years. Later he attended the district schools of that State. Subsequently he went to Walker County, Ga., engaged as clerk, and in May, 1858, came to Crittenden County, Ark., and began practicing at Marion.Philip Hilger established and kept the Hilger's Ferry across Little Red River, on the old military road leading from Cape Girardeau to Little Rock. He then purchased the rolling stock in the livery business, which he is now successfully conducting. Among the most skilled and reliable druggists of Searcy may be classed Mr. He was appointed postmaster under President Buchanan and served four years. Her parents immigrated at an early day to Tennessee, and in 1851 came to White County, Ark., where both passed their last days. He returned to White County, Ark., from Fayetteville, and engaged in farming, but later was occupied for about a year in merchandising in Searcy. Although fifty-five years of age he has never drank a drop of liquor., eminently fitted and well worthy to be numbered among the successful farmers and stockmen of White County, Ark., is a son of John B. (Thomason) Claiborn, the former a Tennesseean of Irish descent and the latter a native of North Carolina. He was married in his native State November 12, 1835, to Miss Mary C. Here he remained for eight months, and in February, 1851, came to Searcy, Ark., where he began the practice of law and this has continued successfully ever since. Smith, a merchant of West Point, She died in February, 1886, and left one child, Eugene Austin, and the subject of this sketch is rearing this child. Cypert takes an active interest in all that pertains to the good of the county, and is one of the pioneers of the temperance cause.